This page contains information about the members of the core members and collaborators with the DSRS group, along with students doing exciting research projects with us.
Our research group is part of the larger Bristol’s Intelligent Systems Lab. Our research aims at investigating how multi-criteria and consensus decision making, information fusion, uncertainty handling and intelligent techniques can help supporting contemporary complex decision scenarios. Major questions currently being addressed include: (i) how to support consensual decision-making among large groups of participants, (ii) how to intelligently fuse disparate social and contextual data to improve personalization services via RecSys (Recommender Systems), and (iii) exploring novel applications of RecSys and decision support under uncertainty, such as: management sciences, tourism, academic recruitment and human-machine decision making.
Head of DSRS:
Internal (in University of Bristol)
Dr John Cartlidge
Dr Michael Crosscombe
Prof. Peter Flach
Prof. Jonathan Lawry
Prof. Weiru Liu
External (UK and International Collaborations)
MSc Thesis under Supervision
- Gregor Bajsic (2018) “Towards Technical Analysis on Cryptocurrencies Market Using Deep Reinforcement Learning”, Master Thesis – ongoing (Supervisor).
- Keshav Goel (2018) “Pointing Cast to their Next Blockbuster! Recommending the best movie to act in”, Master Thesis – ongoing (Supervisor).
- Eunchong Kim (2018) “Fitness that fits! Recommending physical exercise videos based on Youtube user preferences”, Master Thesis – ongoing (Supervisor).
- Oluwayomi Okeowo (2018) “Customer Churn Prediction and Recommendation using Spark Machine Learning”, Master Thesis – ongoing (Supervisor).
- Anastasia Petrovskaia (2018) “Decision Support System for New Product Development based on Customer Data”, Master Thesis – ongoing (Supervisor).
- Anjie Song (2018) “A distributed movie recommender systems using via Hybrid Approach”, Master Thesis – ongoing (Supervisor).
- Defa Qian (2018) “Helping people find suitable products faster on AliExpress”, Master Thesis – ongoing (co-supervisor with Dr. Bahar Rastegari)
Under construction … sit down, relax, click on “Refresh” button and repeat…