Here is a list of publications made by DSRS members. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you are interested in further discussing ideas related to our research, or if it matches your research interests/expertise.
International Journal Papers
- R.X. Ding, B. Liu, Q. Zhou, I. Palomares, F. Herrera. Large-scale Group Decision Making Model based on Social Network Analysis: Trust-relationship based Conflict Detection and Elimination. European Journal of Operational Research. Accepted Nov 2018.
- H. Zhang, Y. Dong, I. Palomares, H. Zhou. Failure mode and effect analysis under a linguistic context: A consensus-based multi-attribute group decision-making approach. IEEE Transactions on Reliability, Accepted 1st Sep 2018.
- H. Zhang, I. Palomares, Y.C. Dong, W. Wang. Managing non-cooperative behaviors in consensus-based multiple attribute group decision making: An approach based on social network analysis. Knowledge-based Systems. IN PRESS. DOI: 10.1016/j.knosys.2018.06.008
- Z.J. Shi, X.Q. Wang, I. Palomares, S.J. Guo, R.X. Ding. A novel consensus model for multi-attribute large-group decision making based on comprehensive behavior classification and adaptive weight updating. Knowledge-based Systems, 58 (Oct 2018), pp. 196-208, 2018.
- Z. Ding, Y.C. Dong, G. Kou, I. Palomares, S. Yu. Consensus Formation in Opinion Dynamics with online and offline interactions at Complex Networks. Int. J. Modern Physics C, 29(7), pp. 1-15, 2018.
- I. Palomares, F. Browne, P. Davis. Multi-View Fuzzy Information Fusion in Collaborative Filtering Recommender Systems: Application to the Urban Resilience Domain. Data and Knowledge Engineering, 113 (Jan 2018), pp. 64-80, 2018.
- H. Sellak, B. Ouhbi, B. Frikh, I. Palomares. Towards Next-Generation Energy Planning Decision Making: An Expert-based Framework for Intelligent Decision Support. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 80 (Dec 2017): 1544-1577, 2017.
- I. Niskanen, M. Murtonen, F. Browne, P. Davis, I. Palomares. An Integrated Semantic Approach to Content Management in the Urban Resilience Domain. International Journal of Advances in Software, 9 (3-4): 323-333, 2016.
- J. Castro, F.J. Quesada, I. Palomares, L. Martínez. A consensus-driven group recommender system. International Journal of Intelligent Systems, 30 (8): 887-906, 2015.
- F. J. Quesada, I. Palomares, L. Martínez. Managing experts’ behavior in large-scale Consensus Reaching Processes with Uninorm aggregation operators. Applied Soft Computing, 35:873-887, 2015.
- I. Palomares, L. Martínez, F. Herrera. A Consensus Model to detect and manage non-cooperative Behaviors in large-scale Group Decision Making. IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, 22(3): 516-530, 2014. (Publication Spotlight in IEEE Computational Intelligence Magazine, November 2014)
- I. Palomares, L. Martínez. A Semi-supervised Multi-Agent System model to support Consensus reaching processes. IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, 22(4): 762-777, 2014.
- I. Palomares, F.J. Estrella, L. Martínez, F. Herrera. Consensus under a Fuzzy context: Taxonomy, Analysis Framework AFRYCA and experimental Case of Study. Information Fusion, 20: 252-271, 2014. THE ‘AFRYCA’ SOFTWARE DEVELOPED ALONGSIDE THIS PUBLICATION IS AVAILABLE HERE.
- I. Palomares, L. Martínez, F. Herrera. MENTOR: A graphical monitoring Tool of Preferences evolution in large-scale Group Decision Making. Knowledge-based Systems, 58 (SI: Intelligent Decision Support Tools and Techniques): 66-74, 2014.
- I. Palomares. Consensus Model for large-scale Group Decision Support in IT Services Management. Intelligent Decision Technologies, 8(2): 81-94, 2014
- I. Palomares, R.M. Rodríguez, L. Martínez. An Attitude-driven Web Consensus support system for Heterogeneous Group Decision Making. Expert Systems with Applications, 40(1): 139-149, 2013.
- I. Palomares, J. Liu, Y. Xu, L. Martínez. Modelling experts’ attitudes in Group Decision Making. Soft Computing, 16(10), 1755-1766, 2012.
- M. Espinilla, I. Palomares, L. Martínez, D. Ruan. A Comparative Study of Heterogeneous Decision Analysis Approaches to Sustainable Energy Evaluation. International Journal of Uncertainty, Fuzziness and Knowledge-based Systems, 20(suppl.1): 159-174, 2012.
- E. Ezin, J. Neve, I. Palomares. ‘Group Decision Making with Recommendations ‘in the loop’: application to trip planning through video watching’. Extended Abstract accepted in 3rd International Workshop on Decision Making and Recommender Systems (DMRS 2018), Bolzano (Italy), November 2018.
- E. Ezin, E. Kim, I. Palomares. ‘Fitness that Fits’ – A Prototype Model for Workout Video Recommendation. Int. Workshop on Health Recommender Systems, 2018 ACM Conference on Recommender Systems (ACM-Recsys’18). Paper accepted for oral presentation in October 2018, Vancouver (Canada).
- J. Neve, I. Palomares. Arikui – A Dubious User Detection System for Online Dating in Japan. 2018 IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics (SMC 2018). Paper accepted for oral presentation in October 2018, Miyazaki (Japan).
- I. Palomares, M. Crosscombe, Z.S. Chen, J. Lawry. Dual Consensus Measure for Multi-Perspective Multi-Criteria Group Decision Making. 2018 IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics (SMC 2018). Paper accepted for oral presentation in October 2018, Miyazaki (Japan).
- I. Palomares, S.V. Kovalchuk. Multi-view Data Approaches in Recommender Systems: an Overview. 6th International Young Scientists Conference on High Performance Computing and Simulation (YSC 2017). Procedia Computer Science, vol. 119, pp. 30-41. Invited Paper
- I. Palomares, H. Sellak, B. Ouhbi, B. Frikh. Adaptive, Semi-Supervised Consensus Model for Multicriteria Large-Group Decision Making in a Linguistic Setting. 12th International Conference on Intelligent Systems and Knowledge Engineering (ISKE 2017). Nanjing (China), Nov 2017. Accepted (In press).
- I. Palomares, V.-N. Huynh. Uncertainty Handling in Recommender and Decision Support Systems (preface). International Joint Conference IFSA-SCIS 2017.
- I. Palomares, H. Kalutarage, Y. Huang, R. McCausland, P. Miller, G. McWilliams. A Fuzzy Multicriteria Aggregation method for Data Analytics: Application to Insider Threat Monitoring. International Joint Conference IFSA-SCIS 2017. Accepted for Oral Presentation, 2017.
- I. Palomares, R. Killough, K. Bauters, W. Liu, J. Hong. A collaborative multi-agent framework based on online risk-aware planning and decision-making. 28th International IEEE Conference of Tools with Artificial Intelligence (ICTAI 2016), San Jose (USA), pp. 25-32, 2016.
- I. Palomares, K. Bauters, W. Liu, J. Hong. A two-stage online approach for collaborative multi-agent planning under uncertainty. International Conference on Scalable Uncertainty Management (SUM 2016), Nice (France), Springer Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence 9858, pp. 214-229, 2016.
- I. Palomares, F. Browne, H. Wang, P. Davis. A collaborative filtering recommender system model using OWA and uninorm aggregation operators. 10th International Conference on Intelligent Systems and Knowledge Engineering (ISKE 2015), Taipei (Taiwan), 2015. Invited Paper
- I. Palomares, L. Galway, M. Haran, M. Neef, C. Woods, H. Wang. A Knowledge management and need-capacity matching approach for community-based disaster management and recovery. 10th International Conference on Intelligent Systems and Knowledge Engineering (ISKE 2015), Taipei (Taiwan), 2015. Invited paper
- F.J. Estrella, I. Palomares, L. Martínez. A novel distance-based metric to evaluate the solution for group decision making problems under consensus. 16th World Congress of the International Fuzzy Systems Association (IFSA-EUSFLAT 2015), Gijón (Spain), pp. 1090-1097, 2015.
- I. Palomares, F.J. Quesada, L. Martínez. A multi-agent system for performing consensus processes in heritage problems. I International Meeting of Young Researchers on Heritage (PatrimonUN10), Baeza (Spain), 2014. Best Paper Award
- F. Moya, I. Palomares, L. Martínez. Collaborative online radio for Android. I International Meeting of Young Researchers on Heritage (PatrimonUN10), Baeza (Spain), 2014.
- F. Moya, J. Castro, F.J. Quesada, I. Palomares, L. Martínez. Improving group recommendations with consensus reaching processes. Eureka Ibero-American Network International Meeting (EUREKA 2014). Culiacán (Mexico), 2014.
- I. Palomares, L. Martínez. Low-dimensional visualization of experts’ preferences in urgent group decision making under uncertainty. 2014 International Conference in Computational Science. Procedia Computer Science, 29, pp. 2090-2101, 2014.
- I. Palomares, F.J. Quesada, L. Martínez. An approach based on computing with words to manage experts’ behavior in consensus reaching processes with large groups. 2014 IEEE Conference on Fuzzy Systems (FUZZ-IEEE 2014). Beijing (China), 2014.
- I. Palomares, L. Martínez, F. Herrera. A fuzzy clustering approach for non-cooperative behavior detection in consensus reaching processes. 4th International Workshop on Knowledge Discovery, Knowledge Management and Decision Support (EUREKA 2013). Mazatlan (México), pp. 37-44, 2013.
- I. Palomares, F.J. Quesada, L. Martínez. Multi-agent based semi-supervised consensus support system for large-scale group decision making. The 8th International Conference on Intelligent Systems and Knowledge Engineering (ISKE 2013). Shenzhen (China). Springer Advances in Intelligent Systems and Soft Computing 277, pp. 241-251, 2015.
- I. Palomares, L. Martínez. Attitude-Driven Web consensus support system for large GDM problems based on fuzzy linguistic approach. In Concha Bielza et al. (Eds.): CAEPIA 2013 Proceedings. Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science 8109, pp. 91-100, 2013.
- I. Palomares. Multi-agent system to model consensus processes in large-scale group decision-making using soft computing techniques. XV Spanish Artificial Intelligence Association Conference (CAEPIA 2013), Doctoral Consortium, 2013. 1st National Award to Best PhD Thesis proposal.
- R.M. Rodríguez, I. Palomares, L. Martínez. Attitude-based consensus model for heterogeneous group decision-making. The 7th International Conference on Intelligent Systems and Knowledge Engineering (ISKE 2012). Beijing (China). Springer Advances in Intelligent Systems and Soft Computing 214, pp. 279-288, 2012.
- I. Palomares, J. Liu, Y. Xu, L. Martínez. Using OWA operators to integrate group attitudes towards consensus. The 6th International Conference on Intelligent Systems and Knowledge Engineering (ISKE 2011), Shanghai (China). Springer Advances in Intelligent Systems and Soft Computing 123, pp. 273-282, 2011.
- I. Palomares. Applying OWA operators and RIM quantifiers to measure consensus with large groups of experts. 6th International Summer School on Aggregation Operators (AGOP 2011), Benevento (Italy), pp. 125-130, 2011.
- I. Palomares, P.J. Sánchez, F.J. Quesada, F. Mata, L. Martínez. COMAS: A multi-agent system for performing consensus processes. In Ajith Abraham et al. (Eds.), Proceedings of International Symposium on Distributed Computing and Artificial Intelligence (DCAI 2011). Springer Advances in Intelligent and Soft Computing 91, pp. 125,132, 2011.
- F. Mata, P.J. Sánchez, I. Palomares, F.J. Quesada, L. Martínez. COMAS: A consensus multi-agent based system. 10th International Conference on Intelligent Systems Design and Applications (ISDA 2010), Cairo (Egypt), pp. 457,462, 2010.
- I. Palomares, M. Espinilla, L. Martínez. Implantation and evaluation of ICT resources oriented to self-learning and self-assessment. International Conference on Interactive Computer-Aided Learning (ICL 2010), Hasselt (Belgium), pp. 1146-1149, 2010.
- M. Espinilla, i. Palomares, H. Bustince. Design and Development of Online Educational Games based on Questions. 2nd International Conference on computer supported education (CSEDU 2010), Valencia (Spain), pp. 484-488, 2010.
NOTE: Publications in national conferences/journals in Spanish language are omitted in this publication list. Please refer to my full CV or Google Scholar profile for a full list of publications.
- I. Palomares. Large-Group Decision Making: Foundations, Related Work and Ongoing Directions. Springerbriefs in Computer Science, Springer, 2018.
- I. Palomares, H. Kalutarage, Y. Huang (Eds.). Data Analytics and Decision Support for Cybersecurity: Trends, Methodologies and Applications. Springer Series on “Data Analytics”. IN PRESS, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-59439-2. August, 2017.
- F.J. Quesada, I. Palomares, L. Martínez. Using Computing with Words for Managing Non-Cooperative Behaviors in Large Scale Group Decision Making. In W. Pedrycz and S.M. Chen (Eds.): Granular Computing and Decision Making. Springer Series on “Studies in Big Data”, vol. 10, pp. 97-121, 2015.
- I. Palomares, L. Martínez. Attitude-based consensus model for heterogeneous multi-criteria large-scale group decision making: application to IT-based services management. In Manuel Mora et al. (Eds.): Engineering and Management of IT-based Service Systems. Springer Series “Intelligent Systems Reference Library”, vol. 55, pp. 155-177, 2014.