Three members of DSRS are finishing their packing to arrive at Copenhagen (yes, there are Chinese pagodas in Copenhagen!) this weekend when ACM Recsys 2019, the Premier Worldwide Conference on Recommender Systems, is about to start.
We are glad to have three accepted papers in the whole technical programme; (i) one on user-to-user reciprocal recommendations in online dating, (ii) one on recommending healthy meal-exercising bundles, and (iii) one on recommending restaurant deals to citizens and tourists alike:
- James Neve, Ivan Palomares. Latent Factor Models and Aggregation Operators for Collaborative Filtering in Reciprocal Recommender Systems. Accepted as Long Paper. It will be presented at the main conference on Wednesday 18th morning.
- Hugo Alcaraz-Herrera, Ivan Palomares. Evolutionary approach for ‘healthy bundle’ wellbeing recommendation. Accepted as a workshop paper in the co-located Int. Workshop on Health Recommender Systems, (Health-RecSys) and to be orally presented on Friday 20th
- Hugo Alcaraz-Herrera, Ivan Palomares, et al. Balancing Preferences, Popularity and Location in Context-Aware Restaurant Deal Recommendation: A Bristol, Cardiff and Brighton Case Study. Accepted as a workshop position paper in the co-located Int. Workshop on Recommender Systems for Tourism (RECTOUR) and to be presented as a poster on Thursday 19th afternoon.
If you would like to hear more about our work, please approach us, we will be very happy to chat.
Finally, as a side opportunity, if you are an experienced RecSys researcher or industry professional, you are based in (or geographically near) Spain (or you like it!), you like teaching/training, and you’d like to do some extra paid activity next year 2020, please speak to me (Iván Palomares) during the conference: I will be definitely interested in hearing from you!
Latest posts by i.palomares (see all)
- Moved and moving: DSRS Lab joins DaSCI Institute in Granada, Spain! - April 15, 2020
- Large-Scale Decision Making Overview, published in Information Fusion - February 7, 2020
- Seed-corn funding 2020 winners (Jean Golding Institute) - January 15, 2020