1st International Workshop on Personalisation and Decision Support for Citizen Service Enhancement at Scale (IEEE Smart-PDS 2019)
Leicester, UK. 19-23 August 2019
We are pleased to chair a co-located workshop with the 2019 IEEE Smart World Congress and the 3rd IEEE Conference on Smart City Innovations (IEEE SCI 2019) will be held in Leicester, United Kingdom, between 19th 23rd August, 2019.
The workshop aims at attracting demonstrations of novel research to tackle challenges faced in smart cities, with a particular focus on Big Data-driven user personalisation and large-scale decision-making problems. Research topics include applications, techniques and methods with or without case studies, related to personalisation applications of hybrid and context-aware recommender systems, solving the cold-start problem in smart city contexts, preference elicitation and its integration with Big Data, multi-criteria and group decision support systems at scale.
Researchers and practitioners working in different fields are encouraged to submit their research contributions and ideas in addition to demonstrators and visual materials such as posters.
Topics of Interest
This workshop covers contributions describing recent advances related to personalisation, recommender systems, as well as data-driven and multi-criteria decision making approaches at large scale, to improve citizen and visitor services in highly connected and data pervaded Smart City settings.
Particular topics of interest include (but are not limited to) the following:
• Smart city challenges and applications:
- health and wellbeing
- sustainable cities
- participatory democracy,
• Large-group decision making
• Multi-criteria decision analysis models
• User preference modelling and preference aggregation
• Context-aware recommender systems
• Group recommender systems
• AI/Machine Learning approaches for recommendation and decision support
• Big Data technologies in personalisation and decision support approaches
• Sensor data fusion and uncertainty handling
• Role of the IoT in personalisation and decision support services
• Ethical and legal aspects of data-driven personalisation and decision support
Paper submission due: April 26, 2019
Notification of acceptance: May 10, 2019
Camera-ready papers due: May 19, 2019
For further info and submission instructions, please visit the workshop website
We look forward to see you in Leicester next summer! 🙂
Iván, workshop co-chair
Latest posts by i.palomares (see all)
- Off to ACM Recsys 2019 - September 14, 2019
- 1st International ‘Alan Turing’ Conference on Decision Support and Recommender Systems (DSRS-Turing 2019) - July 31, 2019
- Ivan Palomares speaks and is interviewed at Search-Star’19 conference (Bath, UK) - July 17, 2019